Monday, September 10, 2012

The camera adds 10 lbs... So does America


I would like to thank everyone who made my trip to America memorable.  That was the most fun I have ever crammed into two weeks.  Throughout my trip I was able to see almost all my extended family and all of my immediate family during my visit, along with many good friends.

                Two and a half weeks is by no measure a long time to visit all your friends and family that you have not seen for over a year, but I feel like I did a decent job of seeing everyone barring a few people. 

Not only was my vacation filled with visiting people but it was also something reminiscent of a Roman buffet when everyone eats until they vomit (sorry for the picture but there were many times I ate until I could barely move).  I would also like to thank my mom for all the baked goods I didn’t have much time to indulge in because I was eating unhealthy amounts of other foods.

                The total count of my weight gain while in America was 10 lbs, but it practically melted away once I returned to Cambodia and I am back to my lean self.  Just goes to show how desperate some of us volunteers can be for a burrito.

                I want to thank my Brother and Sister-in-law and their wonderful daughter, Clara, for giving me one excellent weekend at Worlds and Oceans of Fun.  I had a blast, and I can’t believe how big Clara has gotten in my one year absence.

                I would also like to thank my Mom and Grandma because without you two this trip would have never been possible.  They arranged everything and cooked until there wasn’t a food in the house that was wanting.

                Finally, welcome to all the newly minted Peace Corps volunteers in Cambodia (I even have one living in my town) they have 2 years of experiences that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment